Fire Damage Restoraton Information
There is nothing more devastating than a fire in home or fire in business. Seeing one's personal belongings or business products go up in smoke is a stunning experience that makes one wonder what to do next. Often the first indication of a fire is the smoke smell.
The day following a fire is the time to start planning on fire damage restoration. Fortunately, there are commercial fire damage companies who specialize in the fire cleanup process. In a severe fire, one is talking about fire cleanup starting from scratch. However, in many cases the fire is confined to a limited area.
The first step is to contact a commercial fire damage company that specializes in fire cleanup. This company will have the equipment and expertise to clean up smoke damage, soot damage, a smoke smell and all the other problems that have been caused by the fire.
1. Upon being contacted, the professionals will immediately arrive on the scene to make an inspection and determine the amount of the damage. Whether it is a fire in home or a fire in business, they will carefully survey the area and provide a written estimate of the cost of the repairs. This is especially important with commercial fire damage where there are often large amounts of salable goods involved.
2. If the fire damage has caused a breech in the walls, roof or windows, the professionals will immediately use boards and tarps to cover these areas to prevent further damage. This protects the property from vandals or weather damage.
3. Unfortunately, fire hoses must spray water to put out a fire. This is part of the fire damage that is left behind. Removing this water quickly will avoid things like warped boards or the formation of mold. Professionals are equipped with large dehumidifiers, blowers and air movers to clear the area of excess water and dry the area.
4. Today's professionals in the business have the equipment and materials to return many of the items suffering from soot damage or smoke damage to their pre-fire condition. They sanitize and clean all items that are salvageable.
5. Smoke damage and soot damage are fire damage restoration problems that require special consideration. Using special equipment, as much smoke and soot as possible will be removed. In many cases it will be necessary to repaint or refinish some surfaces that are smoke stains. This, as well as replacing drywall, making minor or major reconstruction, painting and so forth, can be done by the specialists by contract.
Commercial fire damage can be costly. Not only in the actual damage to a building and goods, but in the lack of business caused by the shutdown. This makes it imperative to obtain the services of a specialist in the area of fire damage restoration. An experienced company will be able to quickly access the damage and present a plan to cover all aspects of cleaning up the fire in business circumstances.
When a fire in home is involved, have a professional immediately address problems such as soot damage, smoke damage, smoke smell and general all over fire cleanup. They will carefully explain the cost, the methods used and the end result. As a rule, an insurance company must be contacted before work can begin.
Professionals in the area of fire damage restoration are especially trained in the ins and outs of fire damage that occurs when there is a fire in home or a fire in business. In addition to training, they have the equipment and materials to address things such as smoke damage, soot damage, smoke smell and other things caused by fire damage. This makes it possible for them to start work immediately after a fire and have the home or business back in tip-top shape quickly and efficiently. Visit http://www.SERVPROElmhurst.com for more information on fire damage.