If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (630) 758-1701

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Dealing With Mold Damage at Home or Work

9/26/2017 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Dealing With Mold Damage at Home or Work Mold on stairs

A smelly odor deodorization does nothing to mask, the presence of mildew or another fungus anywhere in the house, or even the smallest presence of mold in the home is bad news. A smelly odor that’s not cleared up with the help of deodorization or by taking out the trash might indicate another issue. When nothing else makes sense and that smelly odor doesn’t go away no matter how much deodorization is utilized, it’s time for homeowners to admit there might be mold damage somewhere in the home.

What is Mold Damage? Mold damage isn’t what it sounds like. This fungus doesn’t appear to have damaged anything when it’s easily wiped up. Mildew doesn’t seem like damage so much as it seems like someone neglected to clean the bathroom or kitchen or even the basement properly. Mold damage is damaging. It spreads quickly, it’s dangerous for the home, and it’s not good to live in a home with mold present. No amount of deodorization to mask the smelly odor that indicates mold in the home is enough to get rid of it, and it’s time to call a professional before it spreads and causes massive damage to the home.

Where is Mold Found? Mold is often present when mildew is present, but it’s a fungus that lives everywhere. It’s a fungus found in mold spores in the air. All it needs is a little moisture and a high level of humidity to grow quickly and spread rapidly. When this occurs, a problem is close at hand. Mold in the home is very common in places with high levels of humidity, but commercial mold damage is also a big problem. It’s easy to miss commercial mold damage more so than mold at home. Commercial mold damage in a large warehouse or building can go unnoticed for days or weeks. Commercial mold damage like this that goes unnoticed often spreads quickly and causes more problems for the business owner. Mold at home or at work requires remediation and mitigation.

Calling for Professional Mold Removal – SERVPRO of Elmhurst – 63-758-1701

Professional mold remediation and mitigation is imperative the moment this fungus is located. Professional mold removal services are equipped to better handle mold removal and remediation while also providing mitigation services. Handing this without the help of professional-grade equipment often results in an imperfect job where mold returns quickly.

Mold removal services use professional equipment that’s designed to clear out mold during the remediation and mitigation process. It helps dry moist areas, detect the source of moisture in the building, and this service provides mitigation for those who need to learn how to prevent mold from reoccurring. Mold removal is not for those who haven’t dealt with this problem before. It’s more expensive for a home or business owner to attempt mold removal on their own than it is to pay for a professional remediation and mitigation service from the start. When this job is done right the first time, home and business owners are able to learn how to prevent mold from occurring again in the future.

Mildew and mold aren't issues anyone should brush off at home or work. Both require the help of a service that helps remove the issue as well as educate the home or business owner about the importance of keeping moisture at bay and humidity levels low. Knowledge is power when it comes to mold remediation and prevention at home or work.

Visit http://www.SERVPROElmhurst.com for more information on mold removal and remediation.

Other News

View Recent Posts