Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
After a water loss of any kind, the first concern should be safety. Is it safe to stay in your Berkeley, IL home? After giving our SERVPRO of Elmhurst team a call for your water damage cleanup and restoration needs, there are a few DO's and DONT's to take into consideration while waiting for help to arrive. Read through the list down below to see how you can keep you, your family, and your property safe.
Don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of Elmhurst team a call today! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to make your water damage loss seem "Like it never even happened."
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (630) 758-1701
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.